Friday, August 28, 2015

SUYS challenge

Hi everyone.

I'm popping in to share my interpretation of the gorgeous mood board up this month for Show Us Your Stuff challenge.

Lots of bright colours and wood features....

I was particularly taken by the coloured pieces of wood with flowers attached to them so I went with that.

A grid format to my page and machine stitching - both pretty familiar things to me!

Backed onto woodgrain paper, I mounted my photo onto cork which I recently bought in a pack of 6x6 sheets. Very handy. I will definitely try my hand at punching and cutting shaping from these sheets soon. My handmade item is a gorgeous flair button from D-Lish Scraps.

The title was inspired by the writing on the mood board. Placing the title down the left hand side of the photo  also covered a lot of distracting stuff of the photo (let's face it, I'm not a great photographer!)

I added some hidden journaling behind the photo and secured it with a peg - also inspired by the pegs in the mood board.

Mounted onto a strip of distressed patterned paper, I wound a flower stem around some wire and then stapled it the page. I really loved how this turned out.

Thanks for popping by!

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Kaisercraft challenge

Hi everyone!

I joined in on the Kaisercraft challenge this month - my first time and it was lots of fun. It was a sketch...


And here's my take...

I absolutely LOVE Kaisercraft iridescent spray inks and I'm building a nice little collection. On this page, I used the mists to colour the wood veneer and then added some splatters for good measure :) I also machine stitched for a little more interest on the page.

Products used:

  • Papers - Time Machine, Botanica, Base Coat
  • Wood veneer - Roamn Clock Face, Leaves - mixed designs
  • Rub-ons - After Five | Borders
  • Collectables - Fly Free butterfly
  • Spray Inks - Antique Gold, Yellow, Lime Green and Turquoise

Thanks for popping by :) Hope you have a lovely scrappy weekend.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

D-Lish Scraps Design Team shares

Hi Everyone!

Just popping in to share my recent layouts for the D-Lish Scraps design team.

My go-to design is definitely grid formations :) I love it. I'm really enjoying using dark blues at the moment and have a slowly built a small collection of papers and embellies in navy blues.

This layout came together quickly and easily. I added die cuts and muslin for interest and texture, breaking up the squares on the page. I also added thread and ink splatters. I really liked using grey for my background - giving a sutle but interesting look.

I attempted another canvas. This is definitely not something that comes easy to me. I started this one twice over. Initially I used red ink spray and let it drip down the canvas. Yep, you guessed it. It looked like dripping blood. Out came the gesso and I started again. The end result is a far more subtle background. I love using muslin but this time I used more than I usually do, almost using it as a substitute for pattered paper. Actually, I didn't use any patterned paper on this at all! Very unlike me :)

This final layout is definitely one of my favourites. This layout could easily be called masculine but me, this is a reflection of my girl - loves shades of blue (like mum!), outgoing and fun.

A messy background using Gelatoes and paint, lots of messy stitching and some black embellies to finish the page.

Thanks for popping by!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Scrap The Boys challenge

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to join in with Scrap The Boys this month. I've been sifting through older photos and came across a large printed photo of my son. So I couldn't resist scrapping it :)

This was the inspirational image this month.

And here is my interpretation.

I added texture by folding up the edges of all my papers. There isn't a lot of embellishment since the photo is so large. I really enjoyed adding pops of cork too.

I created my own large 'shaker' embellishment. I stamped and embossed a jar onto vellum. I then added another piece of vellum and stitched on three sides. I added multi-size sequins and small wood veneer and finished stitching the top of the jar image to enclose all the bits.

Thanks for stopping by!