Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Scrap The Girls challenge

Hi there. I'm back with another layout for another challenge.

Scrap The Girls current challenge is quite stunning.

Current Challenge

My layout ultimately did not have the dark colours of the mood board as I just wasn't in the mood for that!

So I took inspiration from the feathers.


A little hand stitching of course and some dangling wood veneer feathers. My favourite thing on the page. Mind you, stitching and then cutting around those tiny pieces like that was just downright silly of me!


I also added some striped patterned paper which was inspiration from the striped pattern of the mood board also.

A hand stitched tag and wood veneer added more texture to the layout.


Have you noticed the washi tape with the quote?? The design on it almost looks like the painting in the photograph! Serendipitous indeed :)

Thanks for popping by.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big feather fan too so I completely understand you being inspired by them. Love the happy vibrant colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'a a pretty layout! Thanks to playing with us at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bright and cheerful ambience of this page- the feathers are cute too!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation of this dark moodboard Sonia, because you have completely flipped it to bright and cheery, yet met the brief. Thanks for joining us at STG.

    ReplyDelete