Wednesday, July 19, 2017

White with 1 challenge - Lavendar Lane

Well, I have to say the White with 1 challenge was a massive challenge for me!

Lavendar Lane is definitely not my thing. Actually, I recently sorted through all my papers to make room for new stock and I got rid of almost all shades of purple.

But I'm not one to shy away from a scrappy challenge :)

Right from the start, I wanted to scrap a black and white photo with this page.

The page turned out quite minimalist indeed.


I used Close To My Heart ink in Pansy to stencil the sun burst.
Then I hand stitched over some of the rays.


Papers were from Hip Kit Club and Close To My Heart.
I added some white tissue paper for a bit of texture.

I inked the XOXO wood veneer with CTMH pansy ink. It came out a little too dark so I hid part of the wood veneer beneath the photo.


How cute is that bulldog clip! Perfect colour too.


My journaling cluster included a sticker journal tab and tissue paper.
I added some stapling to give some texture.

Scattered over the page were sequins, gems and tiny florals.

Thanks for popping by :)

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous hand stitching and I love that inked wood veneer! Well done getting out of your comfort zone - you nailed it!
    Thanks for joining in with White ... with 1.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that photo is adorable! And you have scrapped it beautifully! Thanks for joining us at White ... with 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Sonia! I love your layout, I love the minimalist style and the spray behind the photo is perfect. Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!!! so clean! so beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at Whitewith one challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the simplicity of this page - all that glorious white space :) Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us on White…with 1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you Sonia, purple is not a colour I like and I really struggle with it not to mention having very little of it to scrap with. You have done a wonderful job with all the little elements, cute photo!
    Thank you for joining us at White with 1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous. Thanks for playing along with with us at White with 1.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous. Thanks for playing along with with us at White with 1.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page and such a sweet photo. Thanks for joining in with us at WW1 :-)

    ReplyDelete